Tuesday 29 June 2010

On the horizon...

I should start by thanking everybody who downloaded the STUBBS game I posted previously, there was such a demand for downloads that rapidshare's servers couldn't take the strain. It's been well over a month and we racked up a grand total of three downloads! *Cue fanfare*
Still, I'm slightly surprised anybody downloaded it at all as hardly anybody reads this blog and it was, let's face it, awful.

You might be interested to know that I'm working on a few different games now, this time I won't be setting myself a 24 hour time limit, so hopefully the deformed creations that spew from my subconscious won't be bug-ridden and/or terrible (as STUBBS undoubtedly was).

The first is an RPG in a similar style to the classic 2D Final Fantasy games, with a very familiar battle system. It's very early days though, so no screenshots yet just dozens of documents for planning and design.

The latter is a 3D physics-based platformer built in the Unity engine. Expect flying ships, crates, see-saws and boulders galore. There is a working build of the game, but it's not ready for public release yet, I'll keep you posted. Until then, gasp dramatically at these screenshots of the game so far:













And as usual, I've included a comic:

No comments:

Post a Comment